domingo, 19 de enero de 2014

My first post in English

Communicating in other languages is part of my live since my wife and I decided to take a time off and go around the world looking for learning about different ways of living, meeting a lot of diverse people, trying new flavors and smells and, at the end, realizing that humans are the same in Indonesia or in France.

We all are part of nature and just like a lettuce or a turtle we are part of a unique thing that some people call universe, others name it thru gods or energies but with a bit of tolerance, it is obvious that we are talking about the same idea.

Right now, I have had the experience to learn a little french, enough for saying hello, thanks and having very basic conversations that can be enriched with English, Spanish, signs or any other way of communication. Also, I can speak a few words of Hebrew and my English is getting better. Actually now, that I am in Bali, I can say the most important word in Indonesian or in any other language: Terima kasih = Thank you

I used to think that I had to speak languages like natives or like my friends that went to bilingual schools but now I realize that I just need enough tools in every language to get to know people; pronunciation or other issues does not have to be perfect. Actually when I try to be very exigent about my pronunciation or grammar, I think communication becomes harder but when I just talk and listen carefully, things are easier and natural.

This is the first time that I post in English and as long as many people that I have met in this trip does not speak Spanish, this is a good moment to tell them all and tell our people back at home: Terima kasih, תודה, thank you, gracias.

Feel free to help me with my English and if you want to teach me something about writing skills, even in Spanish, I will appreciate it.

1 comentario:

Elayne dijo...

Hi there!

You have a great post over here. And I do agree that essentially we are all the same! If only people in this world can feel a little more and judge a little less. We'll have a more beautiful place to live in;)

You two have a fruitful and blessed trip ahead. Bali is beautiful right? I saw your romantic photos. Very happy for both of you.

Best wishes from a Singaporean in California!

Cheers
Elayne